Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008

This year has flown by so fast I can believe it! Well, Christmas Eve I stayed up late and wrapped presents while Kelvin and Hailee watched Willy Wonka. Then Hailee went to bed and Kelvin put all the presents under the tree. Payton woke up pretty early so I fed him a bottle and put him back to sleep. Hailee came in our room about 9:15 AM so we all got up and got dressed. Hailee was so excited to open presents that she wanted to open everyone's for them. Payton didn't care though. He was so excited to open his guitar. While Kel was taking it out of the packaging he kept grabbing it trying to look at it and play it. After all the presents were open the kids played with them and I finished taking everything else out of its packaging. Then we had to hurry over to my mom's house to open presents with them. It was nice to have my whole family together for Christmas even if it was chaotic. My grandma was really excited about the books my mom and I had made for her. She had started a journaling jar and we put it into a book for her. We also made a book that was of all the pictures they had hanging on the wall in their hallway before we took them all down to paint their house. My grandpa loved the deck of cards I made for him. I put pictures of them dating and from their honeymoon and navy. He started telling me stories of the pictures. It was so neat to see his eyes light up as he started to tell me these stories. My grandparents gave the kids $10 each, it was cute Paytie was just holding it. My mom made the comment to Hailee that now she could put her money in her bank account and start saving her money. Hailee looked at her and said, "I'm not saving it I'm going to buy a toy with it." It was so funny the way she said it was just like duh! what else would I do with my money. But little does she know that it's going in the bank. Christmas was really nice with the family. Payton started to get crabby and whiny which meant he needed a nap! So we went home and put him down and Hais just played with her new toys.
We had a good Christmas this year, it was hard though, having the whole family minus my dad. He loved Christmas so much and I just really haven't been in the Christmas spirit this year. The tree was up and it had lights on the tree, but I never did get the ornaments on the tree. Life just got too crazy and busy this year. Next year though, the kids will be older and life will hopefully have calmed down and we will go all out for Christmas.

No comments: